Life is…

empty when full
and full when empty.
Like the chaotic symphony
of the colorless cocoon
(no larger than a thimble)
unwinding into a mile long
silken yarn.

Waiting to be woven & inked
with jacquard pots of red & gold
into a scarf that bears artistic witness
to snowy wastelands of icicled mulberry trees.
Underneath which sits a fair maiden shy of her
own reflection in the bubbling brook, spinning delicate
sighs for her lover. And around her Chinese letters
rise up in air like prayer.

Later the same scarf tied around my neck
will get caught in the brooch of your breast
pocket and endure a tiny tear
as you pull away from
my embrace.

Leaving me to wonder how many miles
of unwinding, weaving and dyeing do I have to do,
before my life is fully empty of you?

Silk_Scarf

24 Comments Add yours

1. lilangelwolf says:

Love it… especially the descriptiveness of it.. It pulls me in wanting to read more.. Have not been around lately as I have been moving, but can’t wait to read more when I get back, you are such an inspiration.. thanks.. have a great week/weekend…🙂 Lilangelwolf

1. ubecute says:

Thank you Lilangelwolf you flatter me! Moves are hard I hope it goes very well and smoothly for you. Good luck and thanks for stopping by.

2. charlypriest says:

ubecute, this is a too cute wordly poem. Meaning that your description your use of words(which some I had to look them up in the dictionary) are majestic.

1. ubecute says:

Awww thank you my friend. I am glad you liked it and thanks for stopping by🙂

1. ubecute says:

You are too kind, thank you again🙂

3. How achingly real, the fantasy you wove… Hugs!

1. ubecute says:

Thank you my friend. So kind of you to stop by🙂

4. puppy1952 says:

I love the way your poems unwinds and ends with the whole point of it

5. Asher Ben says:

Thanks for liking my short story. I just dropped by to check and now i am more than obliged. I have found a treasure …such vivid imagination.. amazing work and thanks for adding some words to my street vocabulary… I just have one question icicled trees and bubbling brooks describe different seasons, shed show light into your thought process.. I am creatively disadvantaged here.

1. ubecute says:

You are not creatively disadvantaged. Great blog you have also, really enjoyed them stories.

6. Asher Ben says:

Oh and I am definitely following.

1. ubecute says:

7. Stunning imagery, I’m so glad you posted it here. Very inspiring!

8. I am in awe; extremely moving and honest.

9. topazo says:

this is brilliant…the words intricately woven and spun..painting a rich image and stirring the heart…

1. ubecute says:

Thank you for your lovely comment🙂. Equally well written.

10. Stunning imagery, you have a wonderful touch with the woven word. Thanks for stopping by my blog, or I might have missed the joy of reading yours.

11. kingsoracle says:

Wonderfully woven words.🙂

1. Neha Jain says:

Why thank you my friend!🙂

So cute of you to drop me a line

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s